LAST 30 ENTRIES | LAST 30 DAYS | FML ARCHIVE
|Tuesday, April 4th, 2017||SUGGEST NEWS|
The Mega FML Day
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on April 4th, 2017 @ 12:52PM
- Started off, went to the water cooler to pour some hot water for oat meal. The setup is stupid, you have to push the level + hit a button. It's a safety thing. Well the fucking button stuck and hot water was just pouring out. So while reaching in to try to stop it, I burned up my hand. I did a general chat warning and like 3+ other people had said the same thing happened to them.
- Then I had done a move request to a corner 3 days ago, when someone just decided to do THIS to me. And hijack the spot I had requested.
- THEN as I was biking home, I jumped a curb but my front wheel popped out. I did a total flip and landed on my shoulder + the bike hit my face. Someone went across the street to see if I was ok. It took me a while to get my tire back on and recover. My backpack opened and stuff flew out too. I was laying down and a car stopped to see if I was ok too. Luckily I landed completely on the grass. My shoulder is hurting bad though. My face seems to be ok.
- So today rolls around and I wake up and my piece of shit FLUVAL FILTER (which sucks balls for $180), failed yet again and one of my 2+ year old tiger barbs died. I had to sit there trying to get it going and I think it's still not going and I was even later to work. So the FML day is continuing to the next fucking day already. Wtf.
- A friend says he has cancer too. That makes you at least go, well I should be thankful that it's not happening to me. But it's still happening to them which sucks. :(
COMMENTS (2) | FML | DIGG
|Monday, April 3rd, 2017||SUGGEST NEWS|
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on April 3rd, 2017 @ 10:44AM
I was thinking I wish I would had a youtube series where I covered my desk move downgrades since the beginning. haha. I think that coulda been a series.
This time I lost my wall where I hung my stuff, lost my shelf cabinet, got a new bright light shining into my monitor. Then I'm in a line of desks like a call center with no dividing walls. I have piles of cool items with no way to display them at all.
It's been like 8 years now but at one point I had a nice big fridge in my cube and never again have I been able to fit something like that.
What's sad is all of those crappy desk setups like in Office Space, or a call center, or the cubes you see like in office space would ALL be upgrades for me. hah. It's just a desk out in the middle of things with no divisions or anything.
A year or so ago they "upgraded" to these new standing desks which is great if you like to stand, but those desks are WAY smaller than the older desks.
COMMENTS (2) | FML | DIGG
|Monday, March 6th, 2017||SUGGEST NEWS|
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on March 6th, 2017 @ 1:38PM
UPdate 3: WoW I thought I was fucked before. Now the cat decided to sneak out , get in a fight, then the vet bill to fix him was $400! It wasn't that bad but $200 for the x-rays that showed nothing. What a waste. So now $400 + $140 for a bike. Mf-er.
Update 2: Ug now the kid is saying his clearly $50 piece of shit bike is was bought for like $180. I've never helping anyone again. haha.
Update: They wanted $225 to fix the bike. All it needed was like 2 wheels. Lame.
Anytime someone makes me help someone, I end up getting screwed somehow. I've found.
My boy goes hey come pick me up and ALL my friends. He didn't even count how many car seats. He brought 4 giant kids for 3 seats of room. WE lost 1 kid at the start. So then they want me to drag their bikes too, so I put them on, then they fell off my car at 50 mph. I fucked up one kids bike so bad that the tires are all bent. So now I end up having to go fix the kids bike now cuz I was nice and was going to give him a ride. One kid didn't want to get back on the ride once his bike was launched 1/2 the block. hahaha. He was the smart one. But he had to bike 1/2 the town home. Not my problem. I felt bad but I could see why he didn't want to launch his bike a 2nd time. haha. That shit happens to me all the time when someone "makes" me help people.
A roommate wanted a ride from the airport, I end up with a $100+ speeding ticket.
I've got 100 stories. I want to help people on my own terms not because someone makes me.
COMMENTS (4) | FML | DIGG
|Wednesday, February 1st, 2017||SUGGEST NEWS|
Ug/Dash Cam Damaged
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on February 1st, 2017 @ 10:17AM
So I love my dash cam and I'm making all these movies to earn outrageous hits of 50-100. Anyway. If I try to use the thing in our van, then bring it back to my car, the suction cup stops working forever until it finally sticks. So often the thing is falling down. One time it fell it completely fucked up the camera so there's a big blurry spot in it. I thought the lens was just dirty but instead it's gouged up really bad to the point where there's a blurry spot on the last several weeks of videos. Well that's pretty devastating to me. It's one of the few things in my life providing me joy. (just need 1 more subscriber to 150). So I gave a shot of mailing the company. I've had it since May so the return window is long gone. I linked my awesome review, and wrote them a nice mail. To my surprise, they offered to send me a new one. I thought at first they were just going to send me another one, which would mean I could maybe use the damaged one as a camera facing the rear. But they want the old one back. Oh well. The newer version offers both rear/front. But still that's good news. I don't know what I can do to prevent the damage in the future. I was thinking maybe attach a safety string to it or something.COMMENTS | FML | DIGG
|Tuesday, August 2nd, 2016||SUGGEST NEWS|
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on August 2nd, 2016 @ 9:02AM
I lost my War3 account of 14 years. I was 3 days short of refreshing it and someone stole the name. I lost 1500 wins, and another 1000 wins I think. So I guess I'm done forever.COMMENTS (2) | FML | DIGG
|Monday, November 30th, 2015||SUGGEST NEWS|
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on November 30th, 2015 @ 4:01PM
Starting week 3! of being sick. So lame.COMMENTS | FML | DIGG
|Monday, October 12th, 2015||SUGGEST NEWS|
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on October 12th, 2015 @ 2:05PM
Got none of these things back from anyone. Disney, Hotel, etc. Now I managed to lose my passport in the airport. It fell out of my pocket. You wouldn't believe the amount of shit I'm having to drag around. I have a 50 LB pack, 50 LB suitcase, random bags. etc. Snorkel gear. Luckily the passport expired this week but the website to report it is also down.
- Bought a $8 pin and it fell off. And Disney can never find anything I lose every.
- I put my Fitbit down deep in a bag at the pool, the baby mama pulled out her hand and it fell out then she didn't know what it was and walked off. $99
- Somewhere I lost the camera battery charger and extra battery and there's nowhere to charge the camera without it. You can't even put a USB cord into it. I spent $15 on a USB cord and it still would not even charge it. We went back to the hotel and they didn't have it. I have no idea where it went.
- Took the $200 water camera into the pool. It was completely closed but somehow it started to leak. Now it doesn't work at all so we had to buy a 2nd Fuji Water Camera at Costco. But the problem with that one is it drains battery like NUTs and doesn't last as long as either of the previous 2 disabled cameras.
COMMENTS (6) | FML | DIGG
|Monday, January 19th, 2015||SUGGEST NEWS|
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on January 19th, 2015 @ 12:17AM
- Lost our beloved cat. She snuck out on Friday and has never returned. We put up signs, looked for 4+ hours. Went to the animal shelter.
- My 15 year ring is lost somewhere in my house. At least it's in the house somewhere.
- We have expired registration on our van because we needed a smog test and never noticed. So of course after all week of telling that lady to get a smog check, she didn't. So i get pulled over by a lady cop. And luckily she didn't have it towed, which she could have after 6 months. :( Now we just need to fix the registration and deal with the fix it ticket.
- Kid lost his wallet. No idea what he did with it. 2nd or 3rd time he's lost his wallet. Last time some creepy kid stole all the money and was trying to hit on my lady (while being a kid).
- I live in a hoarder house not of my own choosing.
|Thursday, December 4th, 2014||SUGGEST NEWS|
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on December 4th, 2014 @ 3:41PM
Dear diary, today's mood, apathetic.
- Go the the Kingston SSD card for 2nd computer but as I was plugging in, the connector came off the damn hard drive and got stuck in the data cord. So I used scissors and cut it apart and got the part out and put it back on the hard drive and used tape to stick it together. Newegg are dicks about returns so I think I'll have to live with it.
- Spent hours trying to get my Dell 730 case apart to get the power supply out. Dell are such aholes that they rigg the case so it's impossible to take the backside off unless you take the whole case apart and gut everything in it. So I ended up giving up.
- Dentist said $42 but it turns out that was for ONE filling and I needed five so $178. Fucking A. I still need 2 crowns and I don't even have a new dentist to go to cuz we had to switch to a H_MO
COMMENTS (3) | FML | DIGG
|Tuesday, December 2nd, 2014||SUGGEST NEWS|
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on December 2nd, 2014 @ 1:55PM
Need a 2nd crown. Blah!COMMENTS | FML | DIGG
|Wednesday, November 5th, 2014||SUGGEST NEWS|
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on November 5th, 2014 @ 1:04AM
I got really sad when things break.
Update: Looks like Onyko has a replacement program because the problem is so widespread and will repair for free. Super awesome news. I filled out the form.
- Fridge bit it. Those fucktards at Sears charged us for 2 day mail then sent us the complete wrong part to fix it. Now we're still waiting until tomorrow for the right part, and it still might not fix it.
- Fucking stereo just bit it. Onkyo has a known issue with HDMI boards dying. It looks like $100 to fix it and I have to mail it to someone on ebay.
- 2nd computer bit it, $600+ to build another one.
|Tuesday, September 16th, 2014||SUGGEST NEWS|
Lost my Wallet: YAY, recovered
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on September 16th, 2014 @ 1:52PM
Update 2:. RECOVERED. I prayed and prayed. Prayer works. it's also some HOPE that there is decency in the world. I had a $100 bill in there I've been trying to deposit from a craigslist sale. Losing that would have been a big blow as my margin for error in getting to March 2015, is like $500 :(
Update:. I went to bed at like 4am after looking for hours. The next morning I called and the restaurant has it. Now the question is, is the money still there. And should I redo all my cards anyway?
Can I ever get a break. My wallet is completely gone. The last time I saw it was at this outdoor restaurant on Saturday night where you couldn't even see your table let alone see if you dropped anything. I've spent 2 hours looking for my wallet and I think that's where It ended up. 0 light at that place. People were using their cellphones to see their food. :( :( :( I didn't notice it missing on Sunday because I didn't go anywhere. I didn't notice it missing today cuz I thought I had just left it at home when I picked up my standard pile of items to take to work.
I hope it turns up or I'm out a lot :( :( :(
Are there any honest people left in the world?
COMMENTS (2) | FML | DIGG
|Monday, August 25th, 2014||SUGGEST NEWS|
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on August 25th, 2014 @ 2:04AM
Saturday I had the top 10 worst day of my life. 5 hours of a fucking TIMESHARE thing. We got $50 and some trip that I can't afford to go on anyway. Then we went to Santa Monica Pier. That thing blows. There's 0 good there. We could have gone to a mall around here that would have had better stores and rides. The food choices were horrible too. DO NOT RECOMMEND. I got stuck on that damn pier for who knows how long, until midnight. I made a level 4 farm at ingress and looted a ton but that didn't offset how horrible it was.
COMMENTS (3) | FML | DIGG
|Monday, February 3rd, 2014||SUGGEST NEWS|
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on February 3rd, 2014 @ 9:40AM
Watch as Nebu's life heads down the toliet.
- Remember last year when I lost my hard drive with all my photos on it. I got a backup drive and have been running it but now my 2nd hard drive, FUCK WESTERN DIGITAL, with all the photos on it died too! I think most of it is backed up but I had just organized everything on that 2nd drive. I plugged it into another computer and ran the linux restore stuff but I haven't had much luck getting things off it. Both drives that have failed have been Western Digital. So I'm trying to take a 3rd drive and get it going again, and now I can't even get that drive to show up either (ALSO FUCKING WESTERN DIGITAL).
- Got my taxes back and I'm like $3,000 short of what I need. :( :( :( Combined with making way less at work per year, it's a death sentence.
- Still gotta do $800 repairs on axel problems on the van but no money for it.
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on February 3rd, 2014 @ 9:38AM
Update 2: Someone seems to have stolen it. They walked around on Saturday and then synced it. Did a coworker take it and try to use it?
Update: I managed to lose the thing a week after I got it. It was in my pocket and fell out when I was grabbing something else. I retraced my steps for 1 hour and never found it. I lost it at work and I'm hoping someone found it and will turn it in. But if they suck about turning it in, I'll never find it. And what sucks is they're starting some health incentive thing NOW and I needed it today. FML!
http://www.fitbit.com/flex - I've been wearing this thing for a few days now. It's pretty cool how it syncs everything. It doesn't do a good job of tracking biking though and their site hangs when I try to log the biking.COMMENTS (1) | FML | DIGG
|Tuesday, January 21st, 2014||SUGGEST NEWS|
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on January 21st, 2014 @ 3:18PM
The Honda Van started shimmying at 45+ mph. Turns out it's probably 2 of the front axles and $700-$900 repairs which I don't have at all. =[COMMENTS | FML | DIGG
|Wednesday, January 1st, 2014||SUGGEST NEWS|
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on January 1st, 2014 @ 4:48PM
Update: We picked up the car 3 days ago and the thing was squeaking when it was picked up. And that's what I paid them $338 to fucking fix. So I go it's still squeaking! I gave it back to them the next day and waited another 4 days. Now I have to wait another 2 days to pick it up past New Years Day. They came up with the final cause, an IDLER PULLY which they wanted $89. But I've spent like $1000-$2000 to fix that one problem as they keep finding new nonsense to fix. So my chick yelled at them and they knocked it down to $33.
I had to take my car back into the shop because it's still squeaking when it's cold like mad. After that, got stuck at the stupid mall for nearly 4 hours. Horrible. A mall takes me like 30 mins to 1 hour max.COMMENTS (4) | FML | DIGG
|Tuesday, December 31st, 2013||SUGGEST NEWS|
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on December 31st, 2013 @ 10:30PM
Update. Thanks for your suggestion, ended up getting MEElectronics Air Fi Runaway Bluetooth Stereo Wireless Headphones with Microphone (Black/Grey) - They're pretty cool. Only prob is their weird ass recharging method.
My headphones snagged on the junk table outside and now the headphone jack is super sensitive and flicks on and off or stereo or not. Any way to fix that or am I screwed. Also I got my phone off Amazon so I don't know if Verizon would even fix it.COMMENTS (1) | FML | DIGG
|Monday, December 23rd, 2013||SUGGEST NEWS|
FML x 100
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on December 23rd, 2013 @ 11:18AM
|Wednesday, November 13th, 2013||SUGGEST NEWS|
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on November 13th, 2013 @ 9:04AM
My glasses cracked in half, doing nothing to them. So I have to use my backup ones which are a different prescription :(COMMENTS (6) | FML | DIGG
|Thursday, September 12th, 2013||SUGGEST NEWS|
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on September 12th, 2013 @ 8:47AM
I've hated mornings my whole life. Once it hit summer, I would always get up at 10 a.m.+. So one reason to not have kids is you gotta get them up for school every day FOREVER! So I started going into work before almost everyone else at like 8:20 or so. It's worked for ingress because I do portals before work sometimes.COMMENTS | FML | DIGG
|Thursday, September 5th, 2013||SUGGEST NEWS|
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on September 5th, 2013 @ 5:43PM
95 degrees here today near the Ocean. Even the nights are insanely hot. We got the air going nearly 24/7.Continue reading "So hot" ... COMMENTS (7) | FML | DIGG
|Friday, August 2nd, 2013||SUGGEST NEWS|
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on August 2nd, 2013 @ 1:38PM
Yesterday someone said we need the #bitchingandmoaning mailing list. I said I have a web page for that! I even make a little money off it! $20.
My back is killing me and the Chyro now no longer takes Kaiser. Sad times. I really like them too, I've gone for 1+ years now. Thanks Obamacare.COMMENTS (2) | FML | DIGG
|Thursday, August 1st, 2013||SUGGEST NEWS|
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on August 1st, 2013 @ 1:39AM
I had to spend $1,200 for a timing belt + power steering pump replacement on the Honda Van. Now I need like $500-$710 for tires for my car. A $200 windshield, and $200 to fix the tint. I also haven't been able to park my car in the garage since Feb of 2012 :(
COMMENTS (8) | FML | DIGG
|Monday, March 19th, 2012||SUGGEST NEWS|
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on March 19th, 2012 @ 6:05PM
Update: They're mailing me another WoW Headset. Super awesome!Continue reading "Blah" ... COMMENTS (7) | FML | DIGG
Return to top