|Thursday, May 11th, 2017||SUGGEST NEWS|
Wednesday & Thursday Random News
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on May 11th, 2017 @ 4:05PM
- 8,000 Colorado Inmates Given Computer Tablets with Games, Books, Music - Where's mine. I could use more.
- Report: John Oliver Used Tax Loophole Created by Trump On $9.5M NYC Apartment hah
- Sources: BioWare Montreal Scaled Down, Mass Effect Put On Ice For Now
- Donald Glover Is Making an Adult, Animated Deadpool TV Show
- Is Nessie back? ‘Loch Ness monster’ is spotted swimming
- North Korea 'reveals satellite images of THAAD missile'
- Illegal immigrant deported 15 times arrested in hit-run crash that hurt 6-year-old boy
- Chicago inmates can now order pizza directly to cells
- South Dakota motorist squeezes his bus through tunnel
- DJ Robert Miles dies aged 47 after 9-month cancer battle
- FivePoint considering $443 million deal to repurchase Broadcom site
- Video Camera At Bottom Of Water Bucket Captures All The Animals That Come For A Drink
- Laguna Beach already slammed with 6 million visitors a year, officials worry about inland development impacts
- California has one of the most expensive prison systems in the world
- Company is fined record £400,000 for 100million cold calls
- Judge slams millionaire couple's £1.5million divorce bill
- Kelly's racy pics leak?
- Oregon On Track To Have No Gender on Driver's Licenses...
- YouTube CEO Apologizes to Advertisers for ‘Offensive’ Content on Platform
COMMENTS (2) | NEWS | DIGG
May 11th, 2017 @ 12:50PM
San Jose, CA
|As shocked as I was to see them giving video games to inmates, the more I thought about it, the more I think it might actually reform them. Maybe if they spent more time playing video games rather than being street thugs, they would have kept out of prison. Farmville the shit out of them. Get them addicted to games and not drugs. Bonus if the games reinforce creating things / making honest money.|
May 11th, 2017 @ 5:47PM
Has anything remotely good or intellectually honest ever come out of Breitbart? Oliver taking advantage of a tax loophole doesn't make him a hypocrite, it makes him fiscally pragmatic. Who here by simple virtue of their principles would choose to pay more for something than they legally have to? Now if you can point to evidence that he has or is secretly lobbying to expand or create new tax loopholes that disproportionately benefit the wealthy then by all means lets call a spade a spade. That would be a smoking gun.
The difference here is Oliver is using his new-found wealth and celebrity status to bring to light a lot of important issues and topics that are factually accurate albeit biased at times - which in and of itself is not necessarily a bad thing depending on the execution. Whether you find him funny or not is incidental to the fact he is using comedy as a medium to educate the masses in a meaningful and engaging way (I see parallel's to Reddit's ELI5) that frankly the mainstream has failed to do.
Contrast that with Trump who...
* Used his fortune and influence to apparently help create this loophole in the first place.
* Refuses to release his tax records (what controversial business dealings is he trying to hide?) despite it being an understood practice since Nixon
* Failed to establish a blind trust for his business assets and instead handed it off to family members with a wink and a nudge on the "promise" to the people that nothing untoward would happen....just trust him!
* and about a dozen other things I could mention if I were so inclined (don't even get me started on his health plan replacement that was pushed through without even a cursory CBO review or his 3 page "detailed" tax plan he finally made public)
Yeah, screw that liberal commie pinko bastard Oliver. He's clearly the real douche/hypocrite.
You are unable to add Comments because you are not logged in. If you have an account please login in now.
You can Create an Account, it takes less then a minute.
Return to top