|Tuesday, January 31st, 2017||SUGGEST NEWS|
Tuesday Random News
Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar on January 31st, 2017 @ 11:05PM
- LAPD officers fatally shoot man after stabbing rampage near CNN Hollywood
- Nic Cage crashed a Nic Cage film festival, watched 4 of his own films, did a 47-minute Q&A and read a 10-minute short story
- Is this what Apple's iCar will look like? Designers unveil concepts based on the firm's iconic products
- World's most expensive trip: $13,875,000!
- NASA to Explore an Asteroid Containing Enough Mineral Wealth to Collapse the World Economy
- Hawks on a plane! Photo of '80 birds of prey being flown on a jet by Saudi Prince' causes storm on the internet
- Mechanic finds 31 pounds of cocaine hidden in nose of American Airlines plane
- F Starbucks: How Howard Schultz Earned More Than Half a Billion Dollars in Nine Years
- Why Hollywood as We Know It Is Already Over - The theaters charge like $25 a movie. F that. I never go for years now.
- Waves transform Russian seaside from a dumping ground for alcohol bottles into a colourful ‘pebble beach’
COMMENTS (2) | NEWS | DIGG
January 31st, 2017 @ 8:35AM
|Regal Cinemas was showing every every Best Picture nominee for $35 for all 9 movies combined. But that was pretty rare.|
January 31st, 2017 @ 9:05AM
|Bah, ticket admission numbers are irrelevant. What ultimately matters is revenue. It doesn't matter that fewer people are going to the movies as that's more than offset by the cost of tickets themselves for those that do go. |
And if you google revenue stats the movie industry is doing better than ever and projections are they'll continue to rake in the money. Even the MPAA is gushing over the numbers they've pulled in these last few years.
I still go to the movies but now I only go for a select number of AAA titles and only to VIP theaters that offer a premium experience. I see fewer movies but I spend about 3x as much when I do.
You are unable to add Comments because you are not logged in. If you have an account please login in now.
You can Create an Account, it takes less then a minute.
Return to top