Political post round-ups?

Support Me on Patreon

Gamelore
January 17th, 2018 @ 3:12AM

LOCATION:San Jose, CA
MEMBER SINCE:April 4th, 2003
LAST ONLINE:January 17th, 2018 @ 3:12AM

Been following Geoff's sites since Kali. Still think Warcraft rules more than War2 (and War3!) :) at least the catapults & archers do. WoW didn't impress, either.

Comments :

IN RESPONSE TO: Sunday Random News + Ancient News

Blade Runner 2049 was pure bliss, but pacing felt a little rushed. I'm first in line for a 4-hour version and hope they release it all in 3D Blu Ray.

The headline for "EA Asking Fans to Stop" is totally misleading -- the offenders were sharing full versions of the game + assets, rather than just offering multiplayer patches like you're supposed to do when fan-supporting old games.

Also, direct links to Kotaku and Gizmodo? Ugh. I barfed a little in my mouth when I saw some of the comments there.

Posted: November 5th, 2017 @ 9:05AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Sunday Random News

Ugh, tricked into an actual link to Kotaku. Trying to boycot that site for obvious reasons.

As for palm trees, F-them! They don't shade for crap, look like garbage in iconic movies, look like garbage in real life, and aren't native. Palm trees are the scourge to me, aesthetically and practically. Good riddance. Maybe if they used the native version which I saw growing down in Joshua Tree natively, I'd be more accepting of it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washingtonia_filifera

Posted: October 1st, 2017 @ 9:00AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: NFL

I don't waste my time watching other people play sports, but golf is nice in the background.

If race keeps defining these people, maybe they can split up the teams by something more interesting than cities which don't have anything to do with the players, so we can egoically get behind them. Or kneelers vs standers. "Kneelers" sounds like an actual football team name already.

Posted: September 25th, 2017 @ 10:47AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Marvel's Defenders

I barely made it through both seasons of Daredevil, and I am a huge fan of pre-Disney Marvel comics. I tried, but had no patience for the other Marvel shows on Netflix.

Sad what Marvel has become under Disney. I think the MCU is ruining Marvel's cult following by mainstreaming it, and it's only gotten worse under Disney.

Posted: September 20th, 2017 @ 6:47PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Celeb deaths of 2017

Damn, I don't know how I missed George Romero dying!
    Posted: September 1st, 2017 @ 3:35PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Thursday Pol

I'd be in favor of allowing sex-change soldiers if they received fewer benefits and were kept segregated, like males/females, to avoid distractions. Whatever their actual value in the military is worth, after taking into account the overhead of having to deal with that added structure and bureaucracy, they should be compensated that much -- Probably like 1/2 of normal people, because it's a lot of overhead.

Just banning is a smart move (since "inequal" compensation would never fly) and a big middle finger to Obama's actions.

Posted: July 26th, 2017 @ 2:38PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Bathroom Experience of Nightmares

I'm seeing this more and more. It's the fall of western civilization in action.

Meanwhile, I recently stopped standing up to pee (when at home) to avoid even the slightest bit of splash getting anywhere.

Posted: July 13th, 2017 @ 9:53AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Wednesday & Thursday Random News

As shocked as I was to see them giving video games to inmates, the more I thought about it, the more I think it might actually reform them. Maybe if they spent more time playing video games rather than being street thugs, they would have kept out of prison. Farmville the shit out of them. Get them addicted to games and not drugs. Bonus if the games reinforce creating things / making honest money.
    Posted: May 11th, 2017 @ 12:50PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Wednesday Random News

I'll tell you what would not help with brain cancer: Slogging through 33,000 pieces of new mail.
    Posted: May 3rd, 2017 @ 10:19AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Saturday Random News

Competitions should be based on X/Y chromosome counts, not identity.
    Posted: April 1st, 2017 @ 8:36AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Thursday Random News

What I got from the six-decade deported Dutchman article:

Socialist Canada's been aggressively deporting non-citizen criminals for years, and now that a US administration even thinks about it, they're unconsciously being racist?

wut

EDITED: 2017-03-10 10:01:18

Posted: March 10th, 2017 @ 9:57AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Fucking California Hippies

California agreed with me on only 6 out of 17 of the propositions. I'd move to another state, but not until I vote for CalExit so they don't bother me where I go.
    Posted: November 10th, 2016 @ 5:47PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Fucking California Hippies

Drugs are still illegal.

Trump might actually enforce the law instead of ignoring it like Obama has been doing with anything he disagreed with.

Posted: November 10th, 2016 @ 5:44PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Trump Wins! All Hail GOD-EMPEROR TRUMP!

The media spent the past year decimating any shred of credibility they had left. Every. Single. Day. And all for nothing. HAHAHAHA!
    Posted: November 9th, 2016 @ 10:50AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Overwatch Official Thread

No witch skin either, and she is my main too. I tried. Just like the summer games, I got everything else. Ended up spending 3000 gold on it. Still feel burned by the summer games.
    Posted: November 4th, 2016 @ 3:51PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Since

She is against video game violence. Go ahead and vote for her if you want more social justice imposed on video games. Maybe we can join Australia and Germany!

Think her views will get less demented as she gets older?

Posted: October 26th, 2016 @ 10:38AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Since

Ironic that any video gamer would support Hillary. I guess they don't remember her Hot Coffee-stoked video game regulation push and her disregard for the First Amendment.

Not to mention her total lack of understanding of what a mod is (NOT THE GAME), and how that even screwed us all the way up to the ESRB with respect to mods.

She can suck it.

Posted: October 25th, 2016 @ 4:07PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: "Worth"

"Totally" is a passing fad? That's news to me. I never stopped using it.
    Posted: September 9th, 2016 @ 7:48AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Transformers

That's hilarious. I *also* fell asleep during the first one (never bothered to see the others). I've only fallen asleep during 2 movies: Transformers and Superman Returns.
    Posted: September 2nd, 2016 @ 4:58PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Old News

Agreed. That's the brand I use to make vanilla extract. I've tried others of similar cost and they didn't turn out as good (seemed too sweet).
    Posted: August 31st, 2016 @ 12:23PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: We have it finally!

The goal is to give it so many syllables, it's not fun to use anymore.
    Posted: August 22nd, 2016 @ 4:07PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Swimmers who were robbed - "made it all up"

Alright, sounds like drunkness + language barrier caused this. Security had fake police badge, requested their money, pointed guns at their heads -- while technically true, and from their point of view was armed robbery, as soon as the translator sorted it out, they knew what was actually going on.

The story they told the press was from their "exciting" perspective before the translator helped them know what was going on, and withheld that portion. I don't think this is a particularly shameful thing to withhold -- probably didn't think it was going to be a big deal, and made for an exciting story.

Posted: August 19th, 2016 @ 12:29PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Swimmers who were robbed - "made it all up"

The Brazillian Police are claiming this, anyway. It could be another level of corruption to avoid exposing how corrupt they were regarding the robbery.
    Posted: August 18th, 2016 @ 1:23PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Phone in the lake story

WE GET SIGNAL
    MAIN SCREEN TURN ON

Posted: July 20th, 2016 @ 7:10PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Monday Random News

I can see Ireland making it their primary language to avoid that.
    Posted: June 27th, 2016 @ 4:15PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Can a video game company tame toxic behaviour?

That "toxic" stuff they're talking about is part of the gaming experience. I'm of the philosophy that an action taken in a game is legitimate unless you're hacking the game, and that includes griefing, social gaming, profanity, etc.

Certainly forcing people is absolutely the wrong approach, but I would not even go so far as to call it a problem.

Posted: April 14th, 2016 @ 12:25PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: The Ranch and Daredevil Season 2

Yeah, I noticed the lack of Punisher gruesomeness right away. Something about it feels very benign and passive. I mean it's gory, but not aggressive. I think it is intentional due to Disney/ABC involvement with this adaptation.
    Posted: April 5th, 2016 @ 11:20AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Box Office: 'Batman v. Superman' Plunging 70 Percent in Second Weekend to $50M

I learned a while ago not to bother with Zack Snyder. He is great at gloss, but he fails at substance. He's only gone downhill since Dawn of the Dead, so I have zero hope at this point. Directors seldom redeem themselves after a sharp decline.
    Posted: April 4th, 2016 @ 1:51PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: 1980s

Haha, my life also used to revolve around those same categories of things to do. Spend my allowance on a GI Joe or save it for just 10 weeks and buy a video game? I'd alternate modes, usually spending about 2-3 weeks in a given mode until I got bored and switched.

Now that "video games" is more than NES and is way more complex to the point that you can almost interact with toys in the game, it is almost possible to not get bored with just the "video games" category alone. Though I do cycle in "movies" and "comics" now.

Posted: March 29th, 2016 @ 8:41PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: 401k

I switched everything from a domestic to an emerging, international-only mutual fund just after losing half my 401K in 2008-2009. Turns out that was bad idea, as US recovered very well. I haven't changed it and basically doubled-down since I keep thinking it's due for a recovery at some point :(
    Posted: March 2nd, 2016 @ 12:51AM