Political post round-ups?

Support Me on Patreon

Gamelore
November 18th, 2017 @ 10:11AM

LOCATION:San Jose, CA
MEMBER SINCE:April 4th, 2003
LAST ONLINE:November 18th, 2017 @ 10:11AM

Been following Geoff's sites since Kali. Still think Warcraft rules more than War2 (and War3!) :) at least the catapults & archers do. WoW didn't impress, either.

Comments :

IN RESPONSE TO: Bathroom Experience of Nightmares

I'm seeing this more and more. It's the fall of western civilization in action.

Meanwhile, I recently stopped standing up to pee (when at home) to avoid even the slightest bit of splash getting anywhere.

Posted: July 13th, 2017 @ 9:53AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Wednesday & Thursday Random News

As shocked as I was to see them giving video games to inmates, the more I thought about it, the more I think it might actually reform them. Maybe if they spent more time playing video games rather than being street thugs, they would have kept out of prison. Farmville the shit out of them. Get them addicted to games and not drugs. Bonus if the games reinforce creating things / making honest money.
    Posted: May 11th, 2017 @ 12:50PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Wednesday Random News

I'll tell you what would not help with brain cancer: Slogging through 33,000 pieces of new mail.
    Posted: May 3rd, 2017 @ 10:19AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Saturday Random News

Competitions should be based on X/Y chromosome counts, not identity.
    Posted: April 1st, 2017 @ 8:36AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Thursday Random News

What I got from the six-decade deported Dutchman article:

Socialist Canada's been aggressively deporting non-citizen criminals for years, and now that a US administration even thinks about it, they're unconsciously being racist?

wut

EDITED: 2017-03-10 10:01:18

Posted: March 10th, 2017 @ 9:57AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Fucking California Hippies

California agreed with me on only 6 out of 17 of the propositions. I'd move to another state, but not until I vote for CalExit so they don't bother me where I go.
    Posted: November 10th, 2016 @ 5:47PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Fucking California Hippies

Drugs are still illegal.

Trump might actually enforce the law instead of ignoring it like Obama has been doing with anything he disagreed with.

Posted: November 10th, 2016 @ 5:44PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Trump Wins! All Hail GOD-EMPEROR TRUMP!

The media spent the past year decimating any shred of credibility they had left. Every. Single. Day. And all for nothing. HAHAHAHA!
    Posted: November 9th, 2016 @ 10:50AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Overwatch Official Thread

No witch skin either, and she is my main too. I tried. Just like the summer games, I got everything else. Ended up spending 3000 gold on it. Still feel burned by the summer games.
    Posted: November 4th, 2016 @ 3:51PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Since

She is against video game violence. Go ahead and vote for her if you want more social justice imposed on video games. Maybe we can join Australia and Germany!

Think her views will get less demented as she gets older?

Posted: October 26th, 2016 @ 10:38AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Since

Ironic that any video gamer would support Hillary. I guess they don't remember her Hot Coffee-stoked video game regulation push and her disregard for the First Amendment.

Not to mention her total lack of understanding of what a mod is (NOT THE GAME), and how that even screwed us all the way up to the ESRB with respect to mods.

She can suck it.

Posted: October 25th, 2016 @ 4:07PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: "Worth"

"Totally" is a passing fad? That's news to me. I never stopped using it.
    Posted: September 9th, 2016 @ 7:48AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Transformers

That's hilarious. I *also* fell asleep during the first one (never bothered to see the others). I've only fallen asleep during 2 movies: Transformers and Superman Returns.
    Posted: September 2nd, 2016 @ 4:58PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Old News

Agreed. That's the brand I use to make vanilla extract. I've tried others of similar cost and they didn't turn out as good (seemed too sweet).
    Posted: August 31st, 2016 @ 12:23PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: We have it finally!

The goal is to give it so many syllables, it's not fun to use anymore.
    Posted: August 22nd, 2016 @ 4:07PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Swimmers who were robbed - "made it all up"

Alright, sounds like drunkness + language barrier caused this. Security had fake police badge, requested their money, pointed guns at their heads -- while technically true, and from their point of view was armed robbery, as soon as the translator sorted it out, they knew what was actually going on.

The story they told the press was from their "exciting" perspective before the translator helped them know what was going on, and withheld that portion. I don't think this is a particularly shameful thing to withhold -- probably didn't think it was going to be a big deal, and made for an exciting story.

Posted: August 19th, 2016 @ 12:29PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Swimmers who were robbed - "made it all up"

The Brazillian Police are claiming this, anyway. It could be another level of corruption to avoid exposing how corrupt they were regarding the robbery.
    Posted: August 18th, 2016 @ 1:23PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Phone in the lake story

WE GET SIGNAL
    MAIN SCREEN TURN ON

Posted: July 20th, 2016 @ 7:10PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Monday Random News

I can see Ireland making it their primary language to avoid that.
    Posted: June 27th, 2016 @ 4:15PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Can a video game company tame toxic behaviour?

That "toxic" stuff they're talking about is part of the gaming experience. I'm of the philosophy that an action taken in a game is legitimate unless you're hacking the game, and that includes griefing, social gaming, profanity, etc.

Certainly forcing people is absolutely the wrong approach, but I would not even go so far as to call it a problem.

Posted: April 14th, 2016 @ 12:25PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: The Ranch and Daredevil Season 2

Yeah, I noticed the lack of Punisher gruesomeness right away. Something about it feels very benign and passive. I mean it's gory, but not aggressive. I think it is intentional due to Disney/ABC involvement with this adaptation.
    Posted: April 5th, 2016 @ 11:20AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Box Office: 'Batman v. Superman' Plunging 70 Percent in Second Weekend to $50M

I learned a while ago not to bother with Zack Snyder. He is great at gloss, but he fails at substance. He's only gone downhill since Dawn of the Dead, so I have zero hope at this point. Directors seldom redeem themselves after a sharp decline.
    Posted: April 4th, 2016 @ 1:51PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: 1980s

Haha, my life also used to revolve around those same categories of things to do. Spend my allowance on a GI Joe or save it for just 10 weeks and buy a video game? I'd alternate modes, usually spending about 2-3 weeks in a given mode until I got bored and switched.

Now that "video games" is more than NES and is way more complex to the point that you can almost interact with toys in the game, it is almost possible to not get bored with just the "video games" category alone. Though I do cycle in "movies" and "comics" now.

Posted: March 29th, 2016 @ 8:41PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: 401k

I switched everything from a domestic to an emerging, international-only mutual fund just after losing half my 401K in 2008-2009. Turns out that was bad idea, as US recovered very well. I haven't changed it and basically doubled-down since I keep thinking it's due for a recovery at some point :(
    Posted: March 2nd, 2016 @ 12:51AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: 401k

Decade-To-date: +3.6%

Not annual return. Decade return. 401K so flat, I might as well have just held cash.

Posted: February 29th, 2016 @ 5:31PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: George Gaynes 'Punky Brewster' Star Dead

So it finally happened. Frankly, I'm surprised it didn't happen already, while I wasn't looking.

He was probably the first old person I realized would surely die in my lifetime, and I was sad about it 30 years ago. Kind of like when you have a cat after the first time you find out they have various health problems. Written off. Well, at least we got that out of the way.

Posted: February 18th, 2016 @ 6:40PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Apple vs. FBI

They should just get the chosen programmers to be security-screened and asked to sign agreements before building a one-off solution in a box. Those involved are clever enough to pull that off without risking the things they're saying will definitely be compromised. I call BS.
    Posted: February 17th, 2016 @ 10:04PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Friday Random News

"No boy would want a female action figure".

I disagree. They'd be used for sex poses.

Posted: February 5th, 2016 @ 9:57AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Wednesday Random News

"The voice of Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, etc. dies" happens every few years. I'm guessing this one did most of the 70s-90s stuff.
    Posted: February 4th, 2016 @ 10:02AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Wednesday Random News

Yeah, pretty much the same reaction to the Rift price. I didn't back at $300 (which turns out it was for two units), and so I'm definitely not paying $600. Maybe when it's $200.

Sony and Valve probably won't make the same mistake.

Posted: January 7th, 2016 @ 11:06AM