Political post round-ups?

December 17th, 2017 @ 6:18PM

LOCATION:Raleigh, NC
MEMBER SINCE:September 8th, 2003
LAST ONLINE:December 17th, 2017 @ 6:18PM

Comments :

IN RESPONSE TO: #26!

I waiting for you to own the place so you can hand out freebies to all your website members *wink wink*
    Posted: February 13th, 2017 @ 4:04PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: While my site is still up: Shotguns?

Best shotgun: Mossberg 500
    Second place: Remington 870

A good handgun is a Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm, but there are tons out there that are good.

EDITED: 2016-12-24 19:05:25

EDITED: 2016-12-24 19:07:13

Posted: December 24th, 2016 @ 6:59PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: ROAV - Heads-up display for Car

It seems big and clunky. The only thing that I like about it is that it has built in 4g connection (which i assume is free for life). They had a email go out that said you could get $200 off if you pre-order them but still for $100 it seems like the coolness would wear off pretty quick and you get stuck with $100 piece of junk sitting on your dashboard.

I think I might upgrade my 9+ year old car to today's tech by getting a Aftermarket android head unit such as one from Erisin: https://www.erisin.com/Supply-special-car-dvd-player_c13

Other people make them too like Joying (https://www.carjoying.com/) and pumpkin (http://www.autopumpkin.com/)

Posted: November 17th, 2016 @ 5:01PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Hillary Barfs Something up then drinks after

Gross!

This video kinda explains whats going on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr1IDQ2V1eM&feature=share

Posted: September 7th, 2016 @ 7:18PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Rarest WoW Items

I agree. After WOTLK the game went downhill. I am sure i have plenty of items that are just as "rare" Heck, i even have the whistle you are supposed to use on the rogue quest to get poisons.

Anything old is going to be rare because people either didn't play back then or got rid of the item.

Posted: February 27th, 2016 @ 7:46PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: 20 years!

yay!!!!
    Posted: December 25th, 2015 @ 12:52PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: A game the kids play

So you can split with "spacebar"... then shoot your self out with "W".....

Basic tactic: "spacebar" to split to "attack someone" but then you are 2 smaller blobs which kind of sucks....

Advanced tatic: Rejoin you shoot yourself out with "W" from one blob to the other to eat yourself back into 1 blob. :)

Took me a couple of minutes to figure that out.

Posted: August 26th, 2015 @ 7:19PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Fallout Shelter out on Android!

I downloaded and played it. Fun game but seems like I need to read some walkthrough/websites to get the most out of it.
    Posted: August 15th, 2015 @ 2:25PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Crazy Quad

HOLY!!!!!!!

At first I was like this is nothing special, then like 5 seconds in my jaw is on the floor. WOW!

Posted: April 29th, 2015 @ 6:57PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Mysterious Cities of Gold

It is available to download on the internet if you decide to go that route. Its about 13GB for 39 episodes.
    Posted: April 8th, 2015 @ 5:57PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Windows Parental Controls?

Windows 8 really isn't that bad with a start menu. If you do ever get windows 8 then i HIGHLY recommend Classic Shell: http://www.classicshell.net/

Unfortunately I dont know of a good parental program but I would suggest setting up some filtering settings for internet browsing. You can use Opendns (https://www.opendns.com/) for free as web filtering service (block pr0n, gun, alcohol webpages). Just point your router to hand out their DNS server and any computer that connects will use your settings for web content.

Posted: January 2nd, 2015 @ 7:12PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Amazing Disappearing Plecostomus

I had one that disappeared a couple of days after i put him in my tank. I still dont know where he went to this day. The pet store said he could have jumped out but I never found or smelled him.
    Posted: November 10th, 2014 @ 5:36PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: New Computer

$359 today @ newegg if you are looking for something budget: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?sdtid=7331364&SID=2a606f7f1f764a179158ba4cd8560c37&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16883113303&cm_sp=

Posted: November 8th, 2014 @ 1:30PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: New Computer

Oh, Tom's hardware is a great place to start too:

Posted: November 6th, 2014 @ 6:46PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: New Computer

I would definitely say an i5 with 8GB of RAM. You got the video card so that is the most expensive single piece. pick up a SSD hard drive if you got some cash to spare.

Samsung Evo is a great drive (make sure to update the firmware). Any modern SSD is going to be 100x better than a regular HDD. Windows load times and games load times will be almost instant.

Posted: November 6th, 2014 @ 6:45PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Heroes of the Storm

WTB Heroes of the Storm alpha/beta access!

The game looks sick!

Posted: October 21st, 2014 @ 6:47PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Clicker Heroes

i am addicted :( i have ascended 4 times already back up to lvl 113 with 4 ancients and 20 hero souls.
    Posted: October 9th, 2014 @ 8:42PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Help installing Northbridge Chipset Heatsink

It goes through the middle like this pic: LINK

or scroll down to "Wire-Form “Z-Clips": LINK

Other pictures of a similar chipset cooler : LINK

Posted: October 8th, 2014 @ 6:44PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Sugar in Drinks

Thanks for the links BiVRip. i checked out the Ted talk and it said all of the same stuff just at a much less interesting format. Still, it was good to hear it from another source.

After watching those my diet is changing for sure.

Posted: October 8th, 2014 @ 6:39PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Sugar in Drinks

I just watched this Documentary on sugar last night called "Fed Up"

Pretty much says that sugar is a poison/drug and should be greatly limited but big companies push it in our faces and get us addicted much like how Tobacco was 20-30 years ago.

The World Health Origination says we should limit consumption to 25 grams of sugar a day . To put that in perspective a 12oz can of coke has 39 grams of sugar.

Scary, right?

Posted: October 6th, 2014 @ 6:51PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Don't Litter

I could see that being very dangerous.
    Posted: September 16th, 2014 @ 6:54PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Everyone Comments Thread

Station 17
    Posted: September 16th, 2014 @ 6:51PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Plan on playing WoW Again? Vote

I stopped playing right before Mists of Pandera came out. I loved Vanilla and the 1st expansion (/played was in the hundreds of days) then it just got boring. Scripted Encounters and relying on someone else not to be asleep at their keyboard and wiping the raid didn't do it for me. I turned to PVP and had fun with that for a while(Many friends made High Warlord) but Blizzard (at the time) didn't do much with it and I lost interest.

It came down to doing some daily quests, doing a BG or 2 then sitting around Orgrimar. Then I got into botting for a very short time (Pirox) but that got boring too.

I agree with others when it seems as though Blizzard's best time are behind them with SC2 and D3 being so mediocre. I would love to get into Heroes of the Storm beta and hope it brings back that "magic" that was Blizzard.

Posted: May 28th, 2014 @ 5:02PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Printer Recommendation?

I was sick of inkjet clogging and buying new cartridges all of the time even though I hardly printed. I spent about $100 on this B&W Laser printer from HP: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00847UWUE/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1535523722&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0036TGGVO&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0E21B4ZEE1VHFE0ZDQFG

It has been really solid over the last 3-4 years and there are aftermarket toner that you can get for less than $30 (http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=107&cp_id=10705&cs_id=1070501&p_id=9489&seq=1&format=2)

Now if you want color then that is another story.

Posted: May 23rd, 2014 @ 4:45PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Watch: Michael Jackson Hologram Moonwalks To A Standing Ovation At Billboard Music Awards

I don't know how i feel about this. At first I thought it was super cool, but then I thought about so many ramifications and how messed up it is that someone/corporation is selling a dead guys image so shortly after he died to make them some $$$ of someone else's image.

I wonder how many years until we have a 100% digital "popstar" based from this technology.

Posted: May 19th, 2014 @ 6:32PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Java 8 Released

java 8 update 1 will be out next week, isnt that how often java and flash and adobe reader need updates? :)
    Posted: March 19th, 2014 @ 5:27PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Heroes of the Storm Technical Alpha

Me too, I play League of legends a lot and would like to try something similar with the polish and feel from Blizzard!

Posted: March 13th, 2014 @ 5:27PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Heroes of the Storm Preview

That game looks fun!!!! I wish I was in the beta for it. So many of my future hours will be lost due to this game, I can feel it.
    Posted: March 10th, 2014 @ 7:37PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Google Fiber expands to 9 potential cities

Raleigh!!!!!

This is so awesome that it is even up for discussion, just 1 step closer to 1000/1000 speeds.

Posted: February 19th, 2014 @ 5:41PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Samuel L. Jackson DESTROYS News Anchor I'm Not Laurence Fishburne, YOU MORON!!!

I stole this from a facebook comment on the TMZ site but it actually makes Samuel L Jackson look like an idiot and NOT the fox news anchor:

---------------
    "You're working for Marvel, that Super Bowl commercial. Did you get a lot of reaction to that Super Bowl commercial?"

You mean this one, the one that has Samuel L Jackson in it and is related to "working for Marvel"?
    ---------------------------