Political post round-ups?

July 24th, 2017 @ 10:02AM

LOCATION:California
MEMBER SINCE:August 31st, 2003
LAST ONLINE:July 24th, 2017 @ 10:02AM

Comments :

IN RESPONSE TO: Suicide Bomber in ENGLAND! 22 Dead

It's hard to get more cowardly than blowing up children.
    Posted: May 23rd, 2017 @ 2:03PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Worst things about Youtube

If I encounter a video where someone begs for subscriptions I usually won't watch them again. If you have good content, people will subscribe. If you have bad content, they won't. I don't like people who think they can change my mind by "reminding" me to click a button.
    Posted: April 10th, 2017 @ 2:58PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Dbag California Hippies

There's a typo in the headline. It should read:

"California Legislature votes to raise gas taxes, vehicle fees by $5.2 billion a year to have more money to steal from road repairs and transit"

The over/under on how much of the money is spent on road repair is currently set at $0. I'm still betting the under.

Posted: April 7th, 2017 @ 4:19PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Ug

Next year you'll share a desk with a big fat sweaty guy who talks loudly on his cell phone all day.
    Posted: April 3rd, 2017 @ 11:15AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Pack of 4 Cat Killing Coyotes, WTB Gun

They go after cats because Roadrunners are too troublesome to catch.
    Posted: March 30th, 2017 @ 12:15PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Today's Politics

"help me out
    i don't understand"

Gross incompetence. Every single Republican who claimed to want to repeal and replace Obamacare should be thoroughly embarrassed right now. I bet many of them just used the issue as a means of getting elected and didn't really care one way or another.

Posted: March 25th, 2017 @ 10:50AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: UK Terror Attack

The unlucky part wasn't directed at you but at officials around the world that like to imply that with their words and actions.

I don't recall anywhere in my post asking for unreasonable steps to be taken. The steps taken at airports are silly and tests prove that airport security is still a joke. People in power need to make smart decisions, not be complete weenies and lay down to everything that comes their way.

And no, I don't live my life in fear of being blown up or run over by terrorists. But again, terrorists are a very specific problem that can be addressed unlike random events like car accidents where anyone can be distracted for even a moment. It is inexcusable for problems that can be solved (or at least severely curtailed) to be ignored.

It's serious if even one person dies. But if numbers are small then their lives don't matter. Your math, not mine. I guess they are not worth the "effort".

Posted: March 23rd, 2017 @ 6:25PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: UK Terror Attack

Most acts of gun violence are specific. They aren't mowing down random people. It's terrible for those specific targets, but most people can go about their lives knowing they aren't going to be a target of gun violence.

When it comes to mass shootings (and often times semi-random), these are carried out by very mentally ill individuals. I also feel these people represent a major security concern as these can and do target everyone who happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Most of the time there are giant warning flags that are completely ignored. I feel this is as serious a problem as potential lone-wolf terrorist threats.

But these lone-wolf terrorists are very much also a legitimate security concern. Doing the math and just telling the family's of the dead "Oh well your loved one was just unlucky" isn't good enough. Just like the mentally ill mass shootings, there are plenty of warnings signs that we can act on and changes to protocols that we can enact that can save lives. Lives are worth saving, math or not.

Posted: March 23rd, 2017 @ 10:02AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: UK Terror Attack

When legitimate security concerns are raised, let's just deflect the issue to an unrelated topic! Also, Trump did it!
    Posted: March 22nd, 2017 @ 5:43PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Why The Black Community is Poor !

Unfortunately, statistics and facts don't matter anymore in today's society. If you don't like a fact you just yell really loud and claim it's a lie. If you yell loud enough, people will believe you and the fact fades away.
    Posted: March 20th, 2017 @ 9:43AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: My next creation: Why Crime Doesn't Pay

Next time try to rob them and get some great police brutality video against you. Guaranteed millions of views! And since this is California, Jerry Brown will have you out of prison in a matter of days.
    Posted: March 15th, 2017 @ 5:22PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: WoW there's books about me

I always like how almost everyone seems to have some kind of royalty in their family history yet none of that ever seems to make it all the way down the line. What a rip off! Where's my riches and gold crown?
    Posted: March 14th, 2017 @ 9:36AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Monday Random News

I'm sure Expect Nothing comes in at #101.
    Posted: March 13th, 2017 @ 11:56AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Ug

I mercifully left the retail game a year and a half ago and still every time I dream about work I still dream about that awful job. I think working in Grocery Stores (and probably most retail establishments) causes PTSD.
    Posted: March 9th, 2017 @ 3:09PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Friday Random News

It's a good thing California spends money on important things like slow-speed trains to nowhere, illegal aliens and lucrative public employee pensions instead of stupid things like infrastructure.
    Posted: March 3rd, 2017 @ 10:47AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Saturday Random News

Sounds like quite the dominatrix. Hope you're happy!
    Posted: February 25th, 2017 @ 6:46PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: 24: Legacy

It's not 24 without Jack Bauer.

24: Out of Ideas

And also returning to Fox...

Prison Break: Still Out of Ideas

Posted: February 7th, 2017 @ 12:58PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Money Making Schemes

If money was easy to make, everyone would be rich.
    Posted: February 5th, 2017 @ 9:52AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Southern California Weather

It does...until you go just about anywhere else in the world and experience actual weather.
    Posted: February 1st, 2017 @ 11:33AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Wednesday Politics

For the entire Obama presidency the Democrats called the Republicans obstructionists. Now for the entire Trump presidency they will do the exact same thing.

Both political parties need to go. People should run on their own ideals, not ideals dictated to them by a political party. People should vote based on their ideals, not the ideals told to them by a party.

The best thing about Trump is that he's really an independent. He had to beat both parties to get into office.

Posted: February 1st, 2017 @ 10:34AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: U-Turn Gone Wrong

Bad driver videos are the easiest to make because you can record for 1 hour and get 55 minutes of bad driver footage.
    Posted: January 30th, 2017 @ 12:22PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Today's Politics

A lot of people seem shocked that Trump is doing what he said he would do, a novel idea when it comes to politics. Most politicians are all talk and no action. I don't agree with all of his actions, but it is refreshing to see someone actually doing stuff for a change. Let's see if he keeps things up for a full term.
    Posted: January 28th, 2017 @ 2:51PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Today's Politics (BUMP for discussion)

For the record, I'm not religious at all. In fact, I find religion to be total nonsense. I'm only interested in accountability. I'm not asking people to never have sex, just to be smart about it. There are people use the abortion as a fallback for poor judgment.
    Posted: January 22nd, 2017 @ 11:50PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Today's Politics (BUMP for discussion)

I will say that in cases of rape or risk to the mother's health, she should have a right to choose.

However, in any other circumstance...she already chose. Babies don't just magically appear inside of you. You choose actions that cause them to appear, whether you want them or not.

The whole "Right to Choose" movement is really a "Right to Choose to Undo a Choice" movement, which I find silly.

Posted: January 22nd, 2017 @ 11:13AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Costco Gas Line Nightmares

Costco could pay me to be taking their gas and I still wouldn't wait in a line like that.
    Posted: January 16th, 2017 @ 11:13AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Exclusive Video: California Drivers Suck - Stupid Jerk can't exit the Carpool lane

I blow through those double-yellow carpool lines all the time (checking for cops first). There's always some slow poke in the carpool lane going 15 mph under the rest of the lanes. Those lanes also seem to be designed to make traffic more dangerous by forcing people to make erratic moves because the open parts are very short and often random.
    Posted: January 11th, 2017 @ 9:54AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Nutjob Attack in FL

If what the reports I'm seeing are true then this is just yet another spectacular failure of the system. This guy can't even get the majority of the blame. He actually knew he was crazy and tried to get help months ago but obviously he didn't get very much and was released, allowed to continue to possess guns and fly on planes.

And the Government will respond the only way it knows how by adding more random layers to an ineffective security system at airports that does nothing but make flying even more irritating than it already is.

Posted: January 6th, 2017 @ 8:37PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: 'Princess Leia' actress Carrie Fisher dies at 60

Too many deaths and many of them far too young.
    Posted: December 27th, 2016 @ 2:14PM
    IN RESPONSE TO: SJW Moron Day

I don't get people. If they want to drive slow, that's fine but use the correct lane. It's that simple. The majority of traffic jams I've witnessed have been caused by slow drivers in the wrong lanes. You can tell because when you finally wind your way through them, suddenly you have wide open freeways.
    Posted: December 18th, 2016 @ 10:00AM
    IN RESPONSE TO: Mercedes Drivers are Aholes : Part 1

Don't you know that Mercedes and BMW drivers own the road? It's part of their contract when they buy the car.
    Posted: December 18th, 2016 @ 9:56AM